We, Apikali (“Apikali”, “Cloth Nappy Doctor”, “Voice of a Carer”,“we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of everyone who visits our website/s, www.apikali.com.au, www.clothnappydoctor.com.au, www.voiceofacarer.com, (the “websites”). We will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
In this Policy, when we refer to “you”, we are referring to you, as the person or entity accessing, viewing and/or using the website.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Where Apikali collects and processes your personal data, it is the controller for the purposes of data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (“the Act”).
If you need to contact us for any reason regarding this Policy, including the collection and / or use of your personal data, or as otherwise indicated in any section of this Policy, our contact details are:
Apikali, PO Box 1174, Park Ridge, Queensland, 4124, Australia;
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information you can:
submit a complaint in writing for the attention of the Customer Service Department, Apikali, PO Box 1174, Park Ridge, Queensland, 4124 or by email to email@example.com;
1)What PERSONAL Information WE collect about you?
Types of information we may collect about you
When you purchase our products or sign up to regular newsletters, enter competitions or order products we may ask for personal information about you. This can include information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number. If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal information. Unless you have this consent you are not allowed to give us your information.
Here is some more specific detail about the information we may collect:
Information you give to us:
information that you provide by filling in forms on our services. This includes information provided at the time of purchase, subscribing to any services, posting material, filling in a survey or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our services
Information about your use of our website:
- Session Cookies – we use Session Cookies to operate our Service
- Preference Cookies – we use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings
- Security Cookies – we use Security Cookies for security purposes
Information about the device you are using:
we may collect information about the device you use to access our website. We may also collect information about your use of the website such as what pages you look at and what elements you tap or pages you interact with
Information about transactions:
if you purchase something from us, we will make a record of the details of that transaction.
if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
How we look after your information
Your information will be processed by staff where it is necessary to fulfil an order, process payment details or provide you with other support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security and when giving us your information you do so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. If you choose to opt-out of receiving communications from us, your record will stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
OUR LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our legal grounds for processing your personal information are:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract that we have with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (e.g. ordering goods via our website);
- your consent, where you have agreed to us using your personal information;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- the processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests or those of a third party, such as financial interests, operational and administrative interests, ensuring security, maintaining our relationship with you, marketing, optimising and understanding the use of our site, research and statistical analysis.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information we collect from you / about you may be used as follows:
- To administer your account with us and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (legal basis: performance of our contract with you and legitimate interests).
- To process your orders and provide you with the products or services which you request through our site (legal basis: performance of our contract with you). If you do not wish to provide the personal information requested you may not be able to proceed with the order.
- To keep records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made in respect of those transactions (legal basis: performance of contract with you).
- To understand what advertising and information is relevant to you by analysing your visit history and providing you with information about goods or services or changes to our good and services that may interest you (legal basis: consent on the basis you consented to cookies).
- Where you have submitted a CV and cover letter/email to us we will process your personal data to assess your skills and experience to determine your suitability for working with us and to communicate with you about the recruitment or assessment decision process (legal basis: performance of our contract with you and legitimate interests).
- To identify visitors to our website (legal basis: consent, via your acceptance of cookies).
- To administer and improve our website as we want our website to be the best it can be (legal basis: legitimate interests).
- To improve customer service (legal basis: legitimate interests).
- To audit data downloading from our website (legal basis: legitimate interests).
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, research or other site feature (legal basis: consent you provided at the time of entering).
- To display products to you that might be of interest while you are using the internet (via Google/Facebook) (this will be based on your consent to your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See our Cookies Policy.)
- To provide you with information about goods and services (legal basis: consent where we contact you be electronic means (SMS; email) and our legitimate interests for non-electronic forms of communication); and
- To send you newsletters (legal basis: consent where we contact you be electronic means (SMS; email) and our legitimate interests for non-electronic forms of communication).
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We contract with third party service providers and suppliers to provide certain services.
We may share your personal data with the following parties, for the purposes noted below:
- our email mailing list provider, currently Mailchimp;
- the parties that provide delivery services, which are currently Australia Post, DHL and Sendle;
- the parties who provide our payment services, which are currently Paypal;
- our ecommerce platform providers, which are currently WordPress and 3dCart;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and our providers of web and hosting services;
- when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, we may disclose information about you to law enforcement officials in the investigation of any alleged unlawful activities by you. We may also be required to disclose information to a court or regulatory body when required to do so by law.
- regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and tax authorities;
- any relevant dispute resolution body or the courts; and
- persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in our business;
- to send details and updates for the event you have entered
- to meet product orders, requests for services or information and to process *payments and any other requests you make of us;
- to send you carefully selected special offers and promotions from the service you are using by email. You can opt-out of these marketing messages at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject and including your full name. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to implement this change in your preferences. You will always be given a straightforward way to opt out of our marketing messages each time you receive a communication from us;
- we may use your IP address to identify your location, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- if we need to contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance;
- to tell you about changes to our service;
- to personalise or improve the way our content and advertising is presented to you online:
- to analyse and improve the services we offer e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience or the most relevant information;
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
- to keep our records up to date;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary);
- to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf;
- to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter). This may involve showing you carefully selected special offers and promotions;
Except as provided above, we will not share personal information with any other third parties without informing you beforehand, unless required by, or in connection with, law and / or regulatory requirements.
We will not sell, trade or lease your personal information to others.
Where do we store your personal data?
The information which we collect about you will usually be stored inside Australia. However, we may transfer data outside Australia where our service providers host, process or store data outside Australia. Where we do this, we will ensure that the transfer is to a country covered by the decision of the European Commission or we ensure we have taken steps to put appropriate safeguards in place to protect your data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
2)HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Our security is reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Your account is password-protected for your security and we accordingly advise that you maintain the privacy of your password. Furthermore it is recommended that you occasionally change your password to maintain this level of security.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
3)Your rights UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION
You have the following rights in respect of the information we process about you:
- the right to access information held about you by making a subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. We may charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive;
- the right to request us to rectify personal information concerning you which is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request us to erase personal information concerning you (in certain conditions as set out in the Data Protection Legislation);
- the right to object to the processing of your information by us as well as the right to request us to restrict the extent to which we process your personal information (both in certain conditions as set out in the Data Protection Legislation);
- the right to data portability (in certain conditions out in the Data Protection Legislation);
- the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (at the time of collecting information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information or at any time by contacting us;
- right to know about any automated decision-making or profiling;
- where you have provided your consent to us for us to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent by informing us; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authorities in Australia.
The above rights may be exercised in accordance with data protection law.
4)Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Legislation. To do this, simply contact us at email@example.com. Should we be prevented from disclosing your personal information, reasons will be given for the refusal. We may also request that you provide further information and identification to enable your request to be processed.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will thereafter correct any information found to be incorrect. .
We will not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary for the “uses” outlined above unless we are required to keep your personal data to comply with the law and any regulatory requirement.
For example, when you place an order with us we will retain your personal data for a period of five years to allow us to comply with our legal and contractual obligations (e.g. financial reporting and provision of product warranties).
When you contact us with a query we will retain your information until the matter is resolved or for the purposes of entering into a contract with you.
When you apply for a job vacancy, we will retain your information for a period of  months after we have communicated to you our decision about your application. After this period, and if you are not successful in your application, we will securely destroy or anonymise your personal information. If you would like us to retain your personal information on file in case another opportunity may arise in the future so that we can consider you for that opportunity, please e-mail or write to us at email@example.com. We will continue to hold your personal information for this purpose for  months after receipt of your written confirmation.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How to block or delete cookies
If you wish to block or delete cookies you can do this via your browser. All browsers are different so you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains detailed guidance on how to block or delete cookies. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We keep this Policy under regular review and in the event we make any changes we will place an updated version on our Website and, where appropriate, notify you by e-mail, seek your consent or place a notification on the Website. Please review this page regularly to ensure that you are always aware of what personal information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we will share it with other parties.
This policy was last amended on 29 October 2018.