We made it to the end of Prefolds 101. What have your learnt along the way?
I learnt that there is such a range out there, its a shame Prefolds sometimes get a bad rap.
So this is the last part in Prefolds Ecourse from the Cloth Nappy Doctor. Below are a list of tips and tricks for prefolds.
- Prefolds make excellent boosters, for day or night time.
- Prefolds and wool soakers are an excellent combination for day or night time. Knit your own wool soakers or see the great range at Apikali.
- Ensure you have a great fitting cover and all bits of the prefold are within the cover. No parts sticking out.
- Prefolds are great for emergencies: when your washing machine dies, when you loose electricity (as we did for 3 days), when your baby is unwell and using more cloth nappies.
- Cotton material can take more abuse than bamboo materials. But bamboo is more absorbent. If hand washing more, use cotton materials.
- When camping, cotton prefolds are easier to use as they dry quickly and are easily hand washed.
- When boosting, lay the boosters inside the folds. This way it will stay in place.
- Place a wool booster at the bottom of your boosting inside the folds to make your prefolds work harder at night.
- You can place prefolds in pocket nappies or in the shell of AI2 cloth nappies.
Can you add any more tips below for new parents?